Fast & easy way to setup the Raspbian OS for Raspberry PI.
- Get a 4Gb or higher SD card
- Download Raspbian: here
- Insert your SD card in your Ubuntu 14.04 system and open the Disks tools (“schijven” in Dutch)
- Select your SD Card, next go to the upper right corner and click the ‘More Actions’ button. Next select the ‘Restore Disk Image…” menu option.
- The menu underneath appears, now select your downloaded image file (unzip it first if it’s zipped):
- You can ignore the message that tells you that your disk image is smaller than the target device, upon first usage you’ll get the menu option to adjust the disk to the total size of the SD card. Press ‘Start restoring…’ and wait for the process to finish.
That’s it, enjoy your Raspbian Pi setup!